Hi there! Perhaps the posting has been a bit sparse here lately and today I'm giving you eight reasons why. In fact, some of these reasons were meant to be their own post at some point. I'm hoping to find a new blogging groove soon - something a little more streamlined, but I don't think I've quite figured it out yet. In the meantime, here's a glimpse into my life lately...
1) Exercising and eating better - I started doing old step aerobic videos with a couple of other women at church three times a week and then using my Wii (if you really want a workout, forget about Wii Fit and go right for Wii Active) two or three times a week. Combine that with not eating half a dozen desserts everyday, and you just might have a chance to lose some weight. I'm not going to publish any numbers here, but I will say that my weight is lower than it's been since Ned was born - even lower than when I finished the half marathon last year. And I feel pretty good too - lots more energy and my clothes fit!
2) Attending our first parent teacher conference...and Peter is doing so well! I really think we made the right decision about moving here and putting him in school this year. I love his teacher and his class is super small - I think there are only about 15 kids on the roll and there are usually only a dozen or so there each day. Academically, he is soaking everything up like a sponge - counting to 100 already (he could count to just beyond 20 when he started and in September we set his IEP goal at 50), being one of the top readers in his class, and really improving his handwriting which I was worried was going to be a huge ordeal since he didn't even want to write during the summer. There are a few concerns with following directions, but I think this is probably mostly related to his sensory issues and we'll just keep working on it. He's playing at recess (he didn't want to leave his teacher when school first started), playing teacher at home with all of us being his students and even sometimes talking about what he's looking forward to at school. Hooray for Peter!
3) Writing a talk to give in church this Sunday (if you didn't know, we Mormons all take turns preaching to each other) based on this great talk. I haven't given one in a long time so I'm a little nervous.
4) Making Thanksgiving plans. My Grandpa's health is in poor shape, so we're making an effort for the entire family to get together for Thanksgiving this year...having it at the church because that's the only place we'll all fit and I'm in charge of decorations. I have some things worked out but might need something else to use for table decor - anyone have any inexpensive and quick ideas?
5) Starting my new post as PTSA Treasurer tonight. This might be what happens when you exercise three times a week with the PTSA President.
6) Working on Stockings. The are in the shop and I've sold a few already. I took new pictures this year that I keep meaning to share with you...maybe next post.
7) Practicing the Organ. I am determined to not scramble at the last minute to figure out what I will do for prelude music during December (like I do every year), so I ordered a new book and got right to practicing it. I will be prepared this year!
8) Making one more preparation for winter by ordering some new boots. They just arrived yesterday and I think I'm in love. I got rid of the last pair of winter boots I had when we moved to California and have suffered with cold feet every winter since we moved to Idaho and especially since I had all of my vein surgeries done. Bring on the snow!
What have you been up to?